It is late, I am tired, so I am putting off a thoughtful, scholarly post on poverty and nutrition until tomorrow.
Instead, a list of things that make me happy:
1) An unexpected "I love you" or kiss/hug from one of my boys.
2) Curling up on the couch with Chris.
3) A random act of kindness.
4) A quiet and dark house after a long day
5) (I miss this) Curled up under a comfy blanket, with Cocoa and a good book watching the snow fall (or even rain)
6) Driving to a distant destination with the radio on a good song.
7) Watching the wonder and interest on my children's faces as we tackle unknown (to us) vistas.
8) A long walk with my dog
9) Playing computer games.
10) The sense of accomplishment and peace when I look at a clean and orderly home.
11) Looking at sleeping children.
12) Holding a baby in my arms.
14) Feeling accomplished
15) Being recognized for achievements or work
16) Dressing up
17) A night with good friends, lots of laughter, and conversation
18) Writing this list (I had never really thought about this- and I am smiling)
19) An intimate night over a good meal and quiet conversation with Chris
20) The other night Konal told me I was the strongest Mom in the world (and he wasn't talking about physical strength)
21) Helping others, especially quietly or anonymously
22) Seeing others happy (like when I see my couple friends exchange looks that tell me they are very much in love)
I am sure there are more... but it is time for some sleep
March for PROGRESS
1 week ago