Return to Krista's Korner

"Each of us must come to care about everyone else's children. We must recognize that the well being of our own children is intimately linked to the well being of all other people's children. After all, when one of our children needs life-saving surgery, someone else's child will perform it. When one of our children is harmed by violence, someone else's child will commit it. The good life for our own children can be secured only if it is also secured for all other people's children. But to work for the well being of all children is not just a practical matter-- it is also right!" - Lilian G. Katz, Phd.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

NaBloPoMo- Day 6

A day in the life: As liveblogged by Krista Long

I actually have a purpose for this post. One day a week during NaBloPoMo, I will completely liveblog a full day. I hope, by trying to post things fresh, I will capture some of mi vida loca to remember in the future.

10:09 am- Starting the blog. I dragged myself out of bed this morning after hitting snooze a couple of times. Not too bad- I was up by 6:30. Considering I went to sleep at 4, I think that is pretty impressive.
Immediately started the wake-up process for Aidan, cracked a Monster, and sat at the computer to read mail. Staff got here at 7 am and helped get Aidan up, and started working on rousing the Konal Beast. Aidan dawdled his usual amount and missed the bus. Since he was stubborn about getting up on time, I made him walk to school.
Konal didn't do badly this morning. He couldn't focus, but he was talkative and nice.
Children off safely, I started reading blogs and playing Pogo.
Finished Monster by 9. Said goodbye to Mom as she walked out the door to get Jay up.
Finished reading blogs, put the crossposts I had neglected the last couple days up.
Finished a Pogo badge.
Ate Starbursts for breakfast. Feeling guilty, because I know my body doesn't like that much sugar.
Started writing this blog post.
Heading into the kitchen to take meds, and possibly take a nap.
2:28 PM
Forgot meds and got sidetracked by a post at Shapely Prose. Started load of laundry, which caused back to spasm and cleaned up bathroom a touch while in there. Finally laid down at 11:30 am. Woke up to dog barking and doorbell ringing. It was Fedex with shoes from Zappos. Went to kitchen, looked for food. Nothing quick and easy for level of consciousness, so grabbed chips. I will need to shower soon.

6:43 pm
Aidan came home after texting me he was at the park. Never give a 9 year old a cell phone ;) . He got started (reluctantly) on his homework just as Nana got home, I got dressed and Konal called for me to pick him up. I ran to the school, we came back and got his support staff and ran to Trader Joe's to pick up a donation for the MISS Foundation. Did a bit of grocery shopping while we were there.
Konal started having a hard time as we drove home. When we got here, he refused to get out of the car at first.
His staff person talked him out of the car, but then he ran in the house and locked the door.
We got that taken care of, I recruited Aidan to unload groceries and started dinner. While cooking I loaded the dishwasher. We just finished dinner and now are watching Hannah Montana. I need to go get laundry done and start dishes. Konal is starting a diorama for school and Cory in the House is coming on.
Aidan is still eating- the bottomless pit.

10:11 PM
So, when we last left this intrepid family, we were finishing eating and watching TV as a family. I got laundry going. Then Konal started getting upset about things. I had an 8 PM conference call regarding my internship. During that time Konal got on the computer and Aidan continued to watch TV. Aidan refused to get night clothes on, and once he did, proceeded to throw up on everything. Konal refused to shut down the computer and get ready for bed. Things begin to blur a bit, as they always do. Konal tried to break the TV, his computer, our main TV and many other things. He went after Aidan and I. He text messaged me many times about his refusal to go to bed. He finally hit a point in that he let all his frustrations about school spill out as the support staff and I lay on the floor with him. He had 3 therapeutic holds placed on him tonight.

And with that ( I know there was more to it- but I am tired and my brain is fuzzy) I sign off for the night.

Tomorrow I have my Adrenal Gland ultrasound to make sure there are no masses. Fun, fun...